Availability & Booking
About the Main room
- Large room of 280 sq. ft on the 1st floor
- Queen-size bed (63 x 79 in)
- Private bathroom with shower and toilet
- Indoor shutters and parquet flooring
- a baby bed
About the Annex Room
- Room of 180 sq. ft on the 1st floor, adjoining the main room
- 2 single beds (35 x 79 in)
- an extra single bed (35 x 79 in)
- a baby bed
For families or small groups (from 3 to 5 people), this room may also be let in conjunction with a separate Annex room next door with single beds.
In this case, the "Main Room" bathroom is to be used for both rooms.
A bit of history
During the First World War, nearly half a million American soldiers were temporarily transited to Noyers-sur-Cher for training before heading to the Front farther east. These soldiers were given nicknames, such as "Doughboy,” “Yank,” “Sammy” or “Teddy.”
Sammy refers to Uncle Sam, the emblematic character who personified the U.S.A. as a nation during WWII.
The Sammy Room is thus named for the American soldiers and for the engravings that some of them carved into the Tuffeau stone of this former barn.
This room has kept all its original charm thanks to its stone walls and its hand-hewn exposed beams reaching a central height of 13 feet.